Sunday, January 1, 2012

Do One Thing

In lieu of making New Years resolutions, I have been inspired from an article I read this morning to do just one thing.  I have decided to write a thank you note to someone every single day this year.  I have done gratitude journals in the past, and those are great, but it's really only benefiting me.  At first I thought my "one thing" was too lofty, but, I have a plan.


I am going to use emailing and texting in my "thank you note" venture with the goal of handwriting at least one thank you note per week.  I'm seeking to thank people for things both little and big, past and present.  Who's coming with me?  Maybe you are already proficient in that area.  Instead, do you need to be more generous?  (I'm thinking 2013 for me.)  Or, more loving?  Caring?  Compassionate?  Do you need more fun?  More crazy?  


Imagine the funtential here!  The important thing is to do something.  One thing.


I have a favor to ask.  If you are "coming with me" or picking your own "one thing", would you please write me and update me on anything super cool that has happened?  Will you help keep me accountable?  I am sure I will need the encouragement.  Although, my hecka cute owl stationary is pretty dang inspiring for now!  


Thanks for reading, L.  






  

2 comments:

  1. I love you and I am coming with you! I will do two day to catch up! So Thank you my dear sweet friend! Thank you for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I confess I am behind already, oops! All grace, no guilt here. Looking forward to getting caught up. Got my thank you on. Heart you!

    ReplyDelete