Monday, May 7, 2012

Life-Giving Words



"Olivia, It's your birthday! You are such a great friend, and I am so glad that you live close by so we can hang out a lot! You are so nice, smart, and caring!"


The young girl who penned these sweet words in her birthday card to my just-turned-eleven daughter has no idea of the profound impact of her words and how much they mean to her. 


They made her day. Her week. Her month. Her year. 


This young author used life-giving words. Words that affirm and encourage. Words that heal deep wounds. Words that replay over and over in your mind because they feel so good. Words that you run and return to when ugly words barge in. 


Do our words give life?


I am reminded once again of the power of our words. May I choose ALL my words (to others and to myself) as carefully and purposefully as this young friend did. 


Thanks for reading,
L.















No comments:

Post a Comment