Saturday, February 2, 2013

BEST Breakfast I've Ever Had




Some people dream about tropical vacations. Me? I dream about food. And Africa. Those close to me know I rarely dream, at least at night. When I am bestowed a nightly dream, I pay attention. Really glad I did with this one!

I can honestly say this is best breakfast I have ever had. It's gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free and also free of soy. It kept me full all morning long and is quite simple and versatile which always captures my food fancy.

Incredible Turkey and Veggie Hash

1 bag of frozen hash browns
4-8 slices of turkey bacon (no nitrates, uncured)*
1-2 teaspoons of olive oil*
1/4 - 1/2 chopped red onion*
about 1/2 pound of mushrooms*
1/2 chopped red bell pepper*
2-3 giant handfuls of spinach*
1 avocado
salt and pepper to taste

*all flexible depending on how much you like it

Cook the turkey bacon according to your preference and then set aside and cover with foil to keep it warm. In the same pan, add the olive oil and saute the veggies except the spinach and avocado. Once the veggies are done, add the spinach and the heat will naturally steam it. Empty the pan of veggies in a bowl and cover with foil to keep warm. In the same pan, cook the hash browns according to the directions on the package. When ready to serve, layer the hash browns first, then veggies, then top with chopped turkey bacon and avocado. 

My 6th grade daughter inhaled it and David Manning looked on with envy as he wished he ate my breakfast instead of the one at Biscuits. No worries David Manning, you will see this again. And again. 

Thanks for reading,
L.

No comments:

Post a Comment