Saturday, January 26, 2013

7 Cool Things I Can't Live Without

Oprah has her list and I have mine. Sadly, you won't find a bag with all of my favorite things under your chair, but you can check if you want. Fortunately, these are all super easy to find and affordable. 

In no particular order, here are my coolest, most beautiful things of 2012:


Preserve Toothbrush

I have David Manning to thank for this introduction. This toothbrush is made out of recycled yogurt cups. How cool is that? AND...after three months, put the toothbrush back in the self-addressed, postage-paid packaging, mail it, and they will recycle it. Shut up, right? I love the angle. It did take a few times to bond with the curve but now I'm crazy about it. The toothbrush is also BPA-free. You'll find it for under $3 at Trader Joes. 

NeilMed Sinus Rinse

Better than a neti pot, this nasal gem has kept me off antibiotics as well as kept me from becoming infected with colds countless times. Think of it as a system to wash your nose like you wash your hands. It's unbelievably easy to use, promise. (Gross alert: We inhale an unthinkable amount of germs through our nose every day. Eww!) Find this miracle worker at Walgreens for under $13.

OXO Good Grips Twisting Tea Ball

What can I say? It was love at first sight. It's cool, fun, serves a critical function in my life and delivers extreme bliss. SOLD! Find this prize for about $10 at Bed, Bath & Beyond (Hello coupon!) or throw it in with your Amazon order for FREE shipping. Tell them "Leslie sent me" or not.

The Body Shop's Vitamin C Moisturizer

One would think I put as much time into picking a facial moisturizer as I did my husband. For the money, this facial moisturizer is unrivaled. Period. I feel as though I've tried ALL the similar products out there, and I keep running back, through the fields, to this one. It has 30 SPF, is smooth and easily spreadible without feeling greasy. It's not too strong for my sensitive skin, has no known-to-me bad stuff in it and you only need a wee bit. Lastly, it has vitamin C rich Amazonian camu camu (whatever that is) in it and the package is recycable. Hooray! It will set you back about $20, but I always seem to have a Groupon around and have never paid more than $10. 

Clic-Tite Bento Box

Green brag moment if I may, my daughter Olivia uses one of these and we have never used a plastic sandwich bag, thus far, all school year. And, are you sitting down? It doesn't leak. Yes, that's right. I use mine on adventures and it hasn't leaked yet. Plus, how fun is it to place food in these organized sections? Oh yes my friends, it is the little things. I found this at Marshalls for under $5. 

Vapur Water Pouches

Shout out to Andrea of Amazing Adventures With Andrea for this one. Oh the water bottle envy I had, it was big. Until I picked up these friends of my own. I used to carry a heavy water bottle on adventures. Never again. They are obviously reusable, and clip on to just about anything. You can even fold them up when not in use for smaller storage. Please only buy Vapur, it's okay to be a Vapur snob. The green size is under $10, the blue size is under $14. I see them everywhere such as Target, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Powells, Eddie Bauer, etc. 

How to Act Right When Your Spouse Acts Wrong
by Leslie Vernick

No, David Manning, my aforementioned boyfriend/husband, is not acting wrong. Well, sometimes he does, but so do I. The fact is every now and then a book comes along which profoundly changes our lives. This is one of those books. Trust me. I had the privilege of meeting Leslie Vernick and hearing her speak on happiness and then again on marriage. She is spot on. You can interchange "spouse" in the title with daughter, son, friend, co-worker, mother, sister, boss, etc. I behave differently because of this book. Buy a copy here for as little as about $3 and as much as $8. (Sorry, yours won't come with a cool zebra bookmark.)

I hope you benefit as much as I have with these cool and beautiful things.

Thanks for reading,
L.

No comments:

Post a Comment