Sunday, March 25, 2012

Trust - Part Three



"Why does it hurt to smile?" asked my sweet girl.


(Hurt to smile?)


And then it made sense...


                                       it's been a long time since my girl has smiled.  


I am reminded when we don't use certain muscles for a while, they become sore when we start using them again.  


This, however, is a good sore. A profoundly good sore.  


My little girl is doing better.


She is learning God views her through eyes of unconditional love


She is learning His words are never unkind, never shameful, never blaming, and never condemning.  NOT EVER.


She is learning His voice is gentle and gives life; His voice heals


She is learning she is wonderfully made.


She is learning to extend compassion to herself.


She is learning she is valued and she has SO MUCH to give.


There is far more to travel on this journey, we haven't arrived yet. But that's okay.


My little girl is smiling.


I am learning...


                           trust is not a natural response.


Every day, sometimes every hour, I need to choose to trust that God WILL continue to heal the deepest, darkest wounds of my daughter's heart.  It will take time, His time. I need to choose to trust that one day she WILL forgive her Chinese mother. I need to choose to trust that He is good ALL the time, and that He is in control. 


My sweet girl said to me the other day, "Mom, it doesn't hurt to smile anymore!"


Tears. Of. Joy.


Thanks for reading,
L.



No comments:

Post a Comment