Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Olivia and Moses, Twins?

My beautiful daughter Olivia and I were out recently enjoying a warm summer night. We just came from evening service and felt blessed and famished. Over a shared wok bowl, we were talking about random things when she tenderly spoke with tears:


"If I could have one wish...it would be to see my Chinese mother's face." 

One wish. 

More than anything in the world, all my little girl wants is to see her birth mother's face. 

Her words remained perennials in my heart.

Today, my heart led me to Moses. Olivia and Moses have a great deal in common. Both of their birth mothers couldn't care for them and put them in prominent places to be found and raised safely. Moses was delivered from Egypt. My daughter was delivered from China. Moses was "slow of speech and tongue", Olivia is hearing impaired. Both acquired confidence issues. Both procure an enviable fearlessness. Lastly, both suffered a monumental loss; Moses never entered the Promised Land and my sweet girl will never see her birth mother's face. 

While feeling grief for my daughter's loss, I gained an overwhelming peace as I was ushered into the story of Moses. You see, Moses received something far better. God would speak to him face to face, as a man speaks with his friend. Can you imagine?

You know what?

I believe God has something better for Olivia too. 

I can hardly wait to see His best for her.

This post is dedicated to everyone whose one wish is eminently impossible. God has something eminently better for you
"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine..." Ephesians 3:20

Thanks for reading,
L.






3 comments:

  1. Sweet - God has blessed you with always seeing/finding the goodness out of any situation. Love you,A

    ReplyDelete
  2. B.R.E.A.T.H.T.A.K.I.N.G. insight into both grief and the heart of the Lord for us in the face of it, to meet us and move us forward. Love, Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Leslie and thank you for this post. So well written and beautiful. We all need this message- a reminder that even in dissapointments and heart break, God can be trusted for the Better we can't even imagine.

    ReplyDelete